Surprisingly, Dominican Republic is not only about tranquility of white sand beaches and turquoise water of Atlantic and Caribbean. It’s much more to do out there! The fans of active and extreme tourism would have tons of fun things to do as well!
Jarabacoa is a unique part of the island surrounded by rainforest and mountain rivers representing unique ecosystem and known for everlasting spring like weather. It is located just 50 km south from Santiago. Two most famous waterfalls of the country, El Salto Jimenoa and El Salto de Bajaguate are set just at the suburbs of the city. The highest mountain peak in the Caribbean, Duarte peak of 3175 meters is located nearby. Abundance of natural sightseeings and great outdoors has made Jarabacoa popular among fans of eco-tourism, such as: mountain climbing, tracking, hiking, horseback riding and safari on trucks, etc. Rocky river called Iake del Norte is best rafting opportunity in the country.
Jarabacoa rafting. By airplane:
- Departure from hotel.
- Punta Cana airport arrival. Check-in. Departure to Jarabacoa.
- Bus commute to Bajaguate ranch.
- Breakfast. Familiarization course. Departure to Iake del Norte river.
- Additional instruction course and 2 hours rafting trip.
- Return to ranch, lunch and free time.
- Return to airport. Check- in, departure to Punta Cana.
- Arrival to Punta Cana airport.
- Transfer to the hotels.
At the heart of Dominicana x2 days (Jarabacoa-Santiago):
- Arrival to Santiago Los Caballeros.
- Exclusive tour to Tobacco Factory of Leon Jimenez.
- Lunch at the Camp David restaurant at 800 meters high overlooking the city.
- City Tour with a stop for a photo.
- Departure to Jarabacoa.
- Arrival to the Bajaguate ranch.
- Lake Fishing.
- Dinner, BBQ at the ranch. ***Bar drinks are not included
- You Choose: rafting, canyoning, mountain bike, horseback riding to Bajaguate waterfall, bus trip to waterfalls.
- Departure from ranch.
- Return to Santo Domingo.
- City Tour.
- Return to Bavaro.